Ayup theear! Tha 1st August is fast approaching and as a local Yorkshire business, MacComms is keen to help fellow businesses in God’s own county to celebrate Yorkshire Day and maximise their PR efforts on the day.
We’ve come up with five innovative ways which you can use #YorkshireDay to communicate with target audiences and ultimately extend your reach during our region’s flagship day:
- Launch a new product, idea, or Yorkshire-based business. Are you due to launch something new and exciting? Yorkshire Day is the perfect opportunity to launch your new Yorkshire-based product or business idea. Take advantage of all the excitement around the day and use it to extend your reach locally and create a reet Yorkshire buzz.
- Engage the media with samples of your Yorkshire products. Journalists will be looking for content around this time and a product launch will give them something interesting to talk about. Do your research and identify key bloggers, editors and reporters that will be keen to cover your products or services. Sending them samples or delicious locally-baked cupcakes is a good way to engage with them and potentially secure yourself some valuable news coverage, features and profile interviews.
- Make use of social media, use the #YorkshireDay hashtag. We can guarantee the media, local businesses, your customers and potential customers will be tweeting about #YorkshireDay and therefore so should you! Create a conversation about how your local business fits in with this special day and perhaps what you’re doing to celebrate…. Just remember to engage with your audience and don’t just broadcast posts to talk at people.
- Attend a key Yorkshire Day networking event. There are lots of events going on across the region in the lead up to Yorkshire Day and on the 1st August itself. Networking is essential for building key contacts, extending your network and nurturing potential business opportunities. Why not join our founder and MD, Ellie as she attends the Yorkshire Mafia’s event on Yorkshire Day? Book here
- Do something! Hold your own event / take part in office fancy-dress. Got a flatcap and a pair of wellies? Fancy holding a Yorkshire pudding making contest? The more innovative your idea the better. This will also create great social media content for the day so don’t forget to snap lots of pics and the Re-Tweet’s should come flooding in!
If you think you might need further assistance with PR or marketing communications, get in touch with the team for a good ol’ chinwag and a brew today.