MacComms (Yorkshire) Ltd
Closing date: 22.9.17
Interview dates: 25.9.17 – 27.9.17
Start date: November 2017
Company name: MacComms (Yorkshire) Ltd
Job Title: Account Manager
Grade: Fixed term contract, potential to go permanent
Responsible to: Managing Director
Hours: Negotiable (3 – 5 days per week)
A position has arisen to join one of Yorkshire’s fastest growing PR agencies as an experienced account manager. The role is initially required to cover maternity leave from November 2017 – February 2018 with the potential to extend for longer.
To support the managing director to manage client PR and marketing accounts through client liaison, drafting copy, managing campaigns, and reporting.
To represent the business in a professional and friendly manner at a variety of events to aid new business development.
To support the company account executive to run MacComms’ PR and marketing as an account in its own right.
Delegating support tasks to the company account executive and PR and social media apprentice to complete social media, video and imagery and support with the production of press releases, features, blogs, research, award entries and general administration.
The duties of the role will include:
– Corresponding with clients and associates politely and professionally by email, letter, telephone and in person on a regular basis
– Writing copy for press releases, features, awards, blogs, websites and e-communications
– Liaising with members of the team to research and create social media schedules
– Ensuring clients social media accounts are regularly updated
– Assisting with the preparation and organisation of a variety of events
– Assisting with new business opportunities via networking and follow-ups
-Assisting with reporting on progress of campaigns
-Administrative tasks to ensure the smooth running of the business such as diary management, taking minutes at meetings, producing agendas and contact reports
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessary to meet the overall business objectives of the company and which are relevant to your post.
Benefits of the role:
A negotiable salary is available and the below list of additional benefits are included:
- Monthly team lunches
- Annual team away days
- 21 days starting holiday with your birthday off additionally
- Flexibility to manage your own time and dictate your working hours
- Access to a number of other business owners/mentors to meet with and rely on for support
- Time back in lieu for additional hours worked
- A friendly team environment, only working with nice people who share our brand values
- The chance to be part of a thriving, growing team at an exciting time in the young business
- The option to attend a variety of networking events, award ceremonies etc
- Additional training to continue further development
- Encouragement to progress within the business
- Christmas party/meal
- Quarterly appraisals
Experience of working in a PR agency
A background in marketing, PR, events management, social media management, campaign management
Delivering strong customer service, writing and managing social media
GCSEs at grades A-C
Degree in a relevant subject desired but not essential
Creative writing, marketing, PR, business management, event management
Ability to work as part of a team and to be able to manage your own time effectively, strong organisational, writing and communication skills are key to the role and a strong understanding of IT, particularly use of MS office products social media management
Photography and videography shooting and editing skills, use of updating website Content Management Systems (CMS’) and basic design skills desired but not essential
Enthusiasm, positivity, self-motivation, honesty, reliability, collaborative, professional, friendly, trustworthy.
To apply email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the role, call 0113 2041414.