We are marking our first birthday in business with a unique event and fantastic support from the local community!
We have organised a celebratory event for MacComms’ milestone birthday. And, as our founder, Ellie MacDonald, is a Trustee of the Laura Crane Youth Cancer Trust, we decided to combine the event with a fundraiser for the charity.
The event, to be held at PPG Canalside on Wednesday 20 April 6-9pm, will see business leaders network and enjoy an evening with entertainment, food, drink a raffle and other activities.
We initially launched a hashtag competition to help create a name for the event and received more than 20 entries. Shortlisting the top four entries, we put it to a public vote, via a Twitter poll, and ‘MacCelebration’ came out on top.
A massive thank you to the winner of the competition, Jenny Kilburn from Synergos Consultancy, for the fantastic neologism, MacCelebration, which can be used in a hashtag to join the conversation on Twitter.
Upon collecting her prize, Jenny said:
“I never thought I would win the competition but the Synergos team got behind the campaign and when I found out our entry #MacCelebration had won, I was over the moon! It is great to see new firm’s thriving and I’m looking forward to attending the event”.
We have also been overwhelmed by the support from you lovely business people with 20 businesses donating prizes for our balloon-pop raffle which will be held on the night. The prizes include:
- ‘Another Galaxy’ artwork from Romanian artist Emma Mihai’s art collection ‘Frames of My Life’
- Two tickets to the directors box for the Huddersfield Town vs Birmingham City football game at The John Smith’s Stadium from Sean Jarvis, Commercial Director of Huddersfield Town
- £30 worth of outdoor activity voucher donated by Marc Wise from Live For Today Yorkshire
- A bottle of champagne from Martin Mellor from Your-FD
- A bottle of champagne from Lynette Blyth of Elenor Rose Bridal
- Photography package by Mark Flynn Photography
- A voucher towards a healthy meal plan created by nutritionist Emma Kirke of Medicinal Kitchen
- A savvy scarf from the glamourous Recoco Woman collection from Recoco owner Rebecca Cockin
- A voucher from The Bridal Emporium’s Claire Amelia Toole
- A Social Media Audit package worth £99 from Emma Courtney from The Social Octopus
- £100 to spend at The Luxury Travel Lounge, JNT Destinations calendar and pen from Tanya Haigh
- A radiant Radio-Frequency Facial Lift at AMP Skin Clinic from Diana Woodhead
- A Myroo skincare gift set from Racheal Dunseath
- A £40 shopping voucher from OTC training’s Kate Halstead
- Handmade earrings and bracelet donated from Shine Tiaras founder Lorna Parkinson
- A bottle of his finest wine from Hoults Wine Merchants’ Rob Hoult
- A massage from The Physiotherapy and Massage Clinic’s Tina Murray
- A chocolate hamper from Emma MacDonald, The Melting House chocolate specialists
- MacComms’ branded cupcakes courtesy of Oliver James Sugarcraft
- A stationery set from Lloyds Banking Group
- A drink at the bar from us at MacComms
We have also confirmed some fabulous entertainment for the night, in the form of University of Huddersfield band, Quattro Saxophone Quartet, a talented all-girl student-led band who will be playing throughout the evening. And that’s not all. Hypnotist and mind reader, Will James will be showcasing his unique talent at MacCelebration too!
“I am very proud of how far MacComms has come in less than a year and I have the local community to thank for their support.
“With a number of frightening statistics advising that more than half of all start-ups fail within their first year or so of business, I wanted to make a bit of a song and dance about that fact that we’re not just ‘still here’ but are going from strength to strength!.”
MacCelebration is set to be an evening not to miss, filled with entertainment and fun, as well as an excellent chance to network with some of West Yorkshire’s top business people.
Join the conversation on Twitter with #MacCelebration.
If you’re interested in donating a prize to The Laura Crane Youth Cancer Trust raffle or want to offer your services to our event, contact us via:
- Twitter – @MacCommsYorks
- Facebook – MacComms
- LinkedIn- MacComms (Yorkshire) Ltd
- Email – email@example.com
- Call – 01484 502207